Opportunities at Park Avenue Armory range from volunteers to full time positions. Please keep checking back to see what opportunities await you. The Armory is always looking for enthusiastic people from all walks of life to help further our mission to revitalize one of America’s historic treasures as a dynamic alternative arts space unlike any other in New York. As we receive hundreds of applicants for every opening (including volunteer opportunities) we are unable to respond to each person individually, but will definitely reach out should your skills match our current needs. Thank you for your interest in Park Avenue Armory!
Click on the job titles below for more information.
Park Avenue Armory seeks an experienced General Manager/Company Manager on a production in the Wade Thompson Drill Hall at the Armory from mid-December, 2016–April, 2017.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordination of Creative Team
• Assist the Producing Director and Producer in coordinating needs the needs of creative team
• Assist in establishing and managing schedules and timelines with artists and creative team members
• Coordinate all travel, accommodation, hospitality, etc. for creative team and artists
Coordination of Armory Team (including jobbed in personnel)
• Assist in the management and updating of the budget, in coordination with the Producing Director and Executive Production Team
• Participate in the implementation of schedules for all participants including Armory, creative team, production team, etc. during the pre-production, rehearsal, and production phases
• Meet with and provide regular updates to the Team
• Complete any remaining negotiation or contract execution of actors, stage managers and other production personnel.
• Work with Armory President & Executive Producer and Armory legal advisor on union issues
• Oversee that all AEA contractual obligations are met, including managing the weekly benefits contributions
• Prepare and distribute welcome packets, ID badges, and on-site resources (e.g. menu books) to the creative team and artists
• Work closely with the Armory’s Producer to address general ongoing needs and concerns of the company such as housing, per diem dispersals, and transportation as well as providing a standard of overall hospitality to the level expected by the Armory
• Work closely with the Armory’s Production Coordinator to prepare and distribute opening night cards and gifts
• Coordinate and facilitate any medical or personal needs of the company as they are made known
• If requested, manage a petty cash account for company management related expenses. Retain receipts for all petty cash expenses and reconcile the account, as required, with the Armory’s Production Coordinator
• Coordinate and manage list of guest names for opening night party for the traveling and local company
• Handle all company ticket requests
Run of Show
• Work with Producing Director and Producer to oversee the Production during the run
• Weekly payroll processing as well as benefits reporting and submission to AEA
• Oversee all company travel, local accommodations, hospitality, per diem, etc.
• Liaise with marketing and PR staff to coordinate any events or PR needs that involve the company of actors or creative team
• Complete final budget and other close-out items related to the Production
At least three years of experience as a company or general manager of theatrical productions. Must be familiar with Actors Equity Association contracts and management. Strong interpersonal skills and proven grace and finesse dealing with artist’s issues. A hard working, multi-tasking team player who wants to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit resumé and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to HRPROGRAMMING@ARMORYONPARK.ORG with “General Manager/Company Manager” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Return to Career Opportunities
Park Avenue Armory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
643 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065